Light and Shade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're here, aren't you?

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

The First RP

Go down 
5 posters

What do you want our first C-RP to be?
Hell on Earth
The First RP Vote_lcap50%The First RP Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Nightmare
The First RP Vote_lcap0%The First RP Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Redemption
 0% [ 0 ]
Minas Idea
The First RP Vote_lcap50%The First RP Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Instinct
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Ice Cold
Admin
Ice Cold

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:23 am

Alright, I think we've all waited long enough for this to finally start. There are two votes for Minas idea, and my own. I don't see why there can't be two ongoing C-RPs so I'll leave it up to Mina to decide whether or not she will create her RP. I will begin construction on Hell on Earth.

PS: I'm probably going to change the name of the RP from Hell on Earth to something better.
Back to top Go down
Fenrisulfr.
Admin
Fenrisulfr.

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:39 pm

An apathetic vampire seems appropriate, and more realistic than the bloodsucking mindless beast is.
Back to top Go down
Mina Valentín

Mina Valentín

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Yeah, her vampires are more or less what I was thinking, with the exception that a kind of universal connectedness that people feel for each other and even to animals and the environment, my personal idea of "God" is absent of these vampires, and that, more than anything is what they would hunger for. Acceptance, a sense of belonging within a society that is strictly against them. They see what they lost, and they equate it to things like stars of david or a crucifix and that causes an emotional cringing, not the traditional physical repellent.

I also have an idea for the setting, but I want to know what you guys think about this, first.
Back to top Go down
Fenrisulfr.
Admin
Fenrisulfr.

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Interview with a Vampire was a good movie. I liked it.

Draculic

(Adj)ective; drak′yə (lk);
1; A Vampire that is based off of the (in)famous Dracula book by, Bram Stoker.

2; The [Mary Sue] of Nosferatu and vampiric kind.
Back to top Go down
Mina Valentín

Mina Valentín

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:02 pm

The reason I don't like it is that it follows the same un-intimate model that you generally use. You thought of my idea in too big of a picture, and you got that. Not that that's a bad thing, I just don't think it's appropriate for a chat roleplay.

Because I'm psychotic, I actually talk to Kailvin, and his rp and what I was suggesting are nothing alike. I'm looking more at the Emo vampire, not the underground society of vampires.

There's not supposed to be a "big picture" to my idea. It's more like a group of outcasts from society, kept together more out of a need to belong than any kind of concrete purpose. It would be a tale of survival in a hostile environement, of being abandoned, an extraordinarily dark and deep perspective of vampires that, to my knowledge, has never really been explored.

More than that, from what I hear from Kailvin, that roleplay's vampires are not pure Draculic (new word, start using it) and have characteristics that are beyond what I was thinking. I was going to stick to the bloodlust, living on grave dirt, no sunlight, no religious icons and being absent from god (some people feel like they can sense a "god" figure, others just can't. It's as if all vampires were Athiest, whether they like it or not.). The upsides would be being immortal, having superhuman strength and speed, and heightened senses.

I've actually just started to read Anne Rice, her first book being what the movie "Interview with a Vampire" with Tom Cruise (early 90s) was based on. It's that kind of a deal, only in a big city so more vampires and modern day.
Back to top Go down
Ice Cold
Admin
Ice Cold

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:08 pm

Instinct isn't just two sides against each other... There would be humans fighting for the rights of the half breeds. Political struggles as well as physical. Halves who try to force the government to give them their rights, others who try more passive methods similar to the actions of Rosa Parks. I built the RP around your idea... I'm actually surprised you don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Mina Valentín

Mina Valentín

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:24 pm

It's possible that, if you guys consider the vampire thing to be a little unoriginal (I hate being unoriginal) then the roleplay could be based off something else. I'd rather steer clear of things like demons, witches and ghosts, if at all possible. I personally have always been a fan of nosferatu, but others may feel differently.

I'm completely open to any ideas or suggestions you might have. Just pm me, if you think of something.
Back to top Go down
Ice Cold
Admin
Ice Cold

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:33 am

I'm leaving for about 1 week on Sunday and i won't be back until after Christmas. Sorry about that, but its a family thing and I can't exactly refuse. If you want to start without me thats fine as long as the RP picked is not one of mine.
Back to top Go down
Fenrisulfr.
Admin
Fenrisulfr.

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:55 pm

I'd recommend we get on next Saturday, assuming we have the time. I mean, it's the weekend before Christmas. I also assume that most of you have the 21st - 4th off of your Schools, pre-thinking that you have school. Anywhere in Christmas break should be a wonderful time. But I'm for Mina's idea.
Back to top Go down
KaiserDieFlamma

KaiserDieFlamma

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:30 pm

Mina Valentín wrote:
I read it. I didn't like it.

i guess I should mention why. For one, I don't like how it's an almost exact replica of what I said, except futuristic and... i don't know, sloppy. Like a SIFI channel movie.

That's why I love SiFi movies,they are so messy and horrible graphics, much like the original pumpkinhead, lawl, Understandable if you seen it. >.<
Back to top Go down
Ice Cold
Admin
Ice Cold

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Thank you for that helpful comment.
Back to top Go down
Mina Valentín

Mina Valentín

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:58 pm

I read it. I didn't like it.

i guess I should mention why. For one, I don't like how it's an almost exact replica of what I said, except futuristic and... i don't know, sloppy. Like a SIFI channel movie.

The other problem was that it has two sides obviously pitted against each other, and seems like it would be too centered around a single character as opposed to the various relationships between characters and themselves as individuals within a group. In a chat rp, you need to have it set up so that the group can continue without a number of the individuals.

While I guess plenty of players are fine with a futuristic tale of semi-humans against immortal human beings, it doesn't seem like it's a very... imaginitive roleplay.

There really are very few people that can conjure a world any where near as roleplayable as the world we live in, which is why I like realistic roleplays better than futuristic or alternate universe ones. Even things as complex as WoW or Warhammer 40k lack minute complexities that are necessary in a chat roleplay for players to be 100% certain that what they do is "ok."

Last edited by Mina Valentín on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ice Cold
Admin
Ice Cold

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:56 pm

Read instinct. I wrote it down in only a few minutes, but i think its one of my best.
Back to top Go down
Fenrisulfr.
Admin
Fenrisulfr.

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ice Cold
Admin
Ice Cold

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:17 pm

I'm currently in a C-RP based on modern day vampires, so it shouldn't go up on the First C-RP poll. However, the wc3 name of the person leading the RP is Kailvin. You can talk to him about the RP.
Back to top Go down
Mina Valentín

Mina Valentín

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:13 pm

ok, update on my idea. What do you guys think of modern day vampires? Not Sparklies, but straight up Dracula-style vampires, in a modern day world, without the stupid clichés of "Vampire Hunters" that actively hunt them or things like that. More of a dramatic portrayal of monsters of the night as human beings (relatively).

As vampires (pale, gray, ashen skin, fangs that are rather obvious, no ability to be in the sun, blood thirstiness, all that stuff) they'd be naturally prosecuted against by the vast majority of the human race. Once again, people could be added into the roleplay with the idea that they have been "turned."

This was actually originally an idea for a book I was going to try to write, get bored, and give up on, but this might be a better place for it than my garbage can.
Back to top Go down
Ice Cold
Admin
Ice Cold

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:51 pm

I had an idea for an RP that would fit your criteria. Its set in a futuristic world where humans have abandoned Earth and have traveled to a new Planet where they found a primitive race which they have enslaved to help them build their new Empire. The RP would be set a few hundred years after this. The race adapted to the human way of life, but have no rights whatsoever. So, they would start rebellions and resistances etc...
Back to top Go down
Mirage

Mirage

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:02 am

I actually like that idea, Mina.

Mainly because I'm a fan of realism RP's myself.
Back to top Go down
Mina Valentín

Mina Valentín

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Ok, this is kind of ironic, but I still think it's a good idea.

The spoiler below is one of those "background stories of my life" things that always pisses me off
Spoiler:

So, what about doing something completely different and go with kind of a Rebellion/outcast thing, where we're a community trying to survive somewhere. I don't know, I was thinking more along the lines of that one movie with Daniel Craig in it, with the Nazis and he's jewish... yeah, whatever. But if you guys are more into a kind of Steampunk, End of the World, thing, or pretty much anything.

The advantages to this is that we can explain away why certain people aren't there while we're rping, we have legit ways to add people into the group, and it's just something different. It's also less likely to get into the trap that most channel rps get into with people trying to either light people on fire or cut someone in half with a chainsaw.

The main idea for me is getting the fuck away from all these demon/dead people/magical powers motífs and getting into something at least a LITTLE more realistic and unique.
Back to top Go down
Ice Cold
Admin
Ice Cold

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: The First RP   The First RP EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Alright, before we can RP, we need something to RP. So I've selected three of my own RPs to put up on a Poll. If you would like another to be added, then you can recommend it and it will be added to the poll.

Last edited by Ice Cold on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The First RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First RP   The First RP Empty

Back to top Go down

The First RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light and Shade :: The Basement :: The Damp Spot (RP section) :: Channel RPing :: Screening-
Jump to: