Light and Shade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're here, aren't you?

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

After Armageddon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fenrisulfr.
Admin
Fenrisulfr.

After Armageddon Empty
PostSubject: After Armageddon   After Armageddon EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 10:42 am

Your plan for after Armageddon?

(No zombies this time, guise.)

Since a third or quarter of the human population would be left after the 'End of the World'. Most of the super-powers, especially America, would go into anarchy after roughly 4 days. Continuing for 2-3 months until a leader steps up that can tame the masses. Of course, at around Day 24 the Nuclear Power supply that runs your lighting and heat would die, due to the lack of skilled workers (It's pretty much cutting a throat when you have no power), and you'd need a large stock-pile of food. I'd estimate only a 24% of the populace, centering in third-worlds, like Ethiopia, North Africa, etc. will be able to remain clam. 24% / 15%, it'd be hard to say approx. these days.

With the factor that going through main roads, like the I10, Highways, Main roads, would be extremely dangerous and a migraine to go through, it will be essentially to go quickly and become invisible. Going through the desert if you're on the west-coast, going through forests, if you're east-coast. People in Baltimore, Washington. . . Los-Angeles, California, and other hotspots that have a center of population, would be brought out.

If you're in the desert and it's summer. You better hope you can make it through in a few days. There's not a lot of water out there.

After awhile, it would be not unlikely for you to become what people call an, Opportunivore [Someone who selfishly exploits or takes full advantage of any situation involving free food or items.]. People may start to realize that, no matter where you go, it will be dangerous.

It would be stupid to think that, after a pandemic, organized crime or gangs would not begin to take quick opportunities to grab the food. Food and Fuel would be the primary resources that would make you. King of the new country that has arrived, after the loss of electricity, which makes paper money lose value, and create the need for metal goods. Rings, Watches, Earrings, Necklaces, and others.

Humans would gang up to conquer. Not to mention take what resources they can find and redistribute them properly.

Veni, Vici, Vidi.

You will begin to forage, which is just a nice word for loot. You're going to be doing, unpleasant things to stay a live. Going into houses where people have died, see what's left, what's available to you.

Starvation will come in, around 50 - 60 days. After three days, you're not really hungry at all. Your body starts to break down and dissolve fat and muscle tissue. I'd imagine you'd become more lethargic and disorientated.

Nations will fall, this is a world where the Government and powers will begin to breakdown. Where, any man with resources, will become King essentially. The most likely scenario will be that we revert to the 1800's, 1700's. Where life is simpler, but more dangerous. I doubt the theme that a time like Mad Max (Click Hurr) or Barbarianism will come. But, in the future, it'll be like the Roman Empire. Many people in Western Europe, still believed they were in the Roman Empire, but it was just a myth. Much like what I perceive will come to America.

The strongest man will once again, prevail to be the outcome of the ruling nations. Currency will turn into regional, not national, money. Like with States. Washington Dollars, Idaho Dollars, Los-Angeles Dollars, and so on. But we will end up with a single currency that erupted into the economic level that USA once was, that Eurasia once was. Certainly, we may not become or form into what we once were. But into a different civilization.

What is your survival plan?

[Some of this has been revised with my own logic from the National History Channel's special, "After Armageddon".]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Philosophical

Humanity would indefinitely begin to look onto the survival skills the apocalypse has given them, and scoff at it. Instead, turn into a luxurious race, pent on making life easier. This, will eventually turn into Armageddon Two, if uncertainly is an event that will come to pass as well.

Concluding with all of this information, it would seem likely that life as we know it, will revert into a form that is sustainable. It will not be kind to the surviving populace, but it is a necessary route. Earth has even been down to a breaking point of only 10% of current population, but if we had not survived then, we would not be here today.

We, as humans, evolve and adapt to our current situation. We may even advance in our way of life, our ideals and theories. Maybe not a super-race, but a dominant race. No doubt we will crumble into a formula that repeats it self, though we can not lose in the end.

I'll continue later.
Back to top Go down

After Armageddon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light and Shade :: The Plaza :: The Café-
Jump to: