Light and Shade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're here, aren't you?

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Loner

Loner

Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? Empty
PostSubject: Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?   Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:10 pm

I have my own opinion, but I want to hear yours uninfluenced by having read mine first.
Back to top Go down
KaiserDieFlamma

KaiserDieFlamma

PostSubject: Re: Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?   Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Pyro here, yes I would like to know because if it is anytime soon, I would screw schooling and do what I wanted otherwise if it was in the future I would probubly keep my schooling going.
Back to top Go down
Fenrisulfr.
Admin
Fenrisulfr.

PostSubject: Re: Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?   Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:02 pm

I wouldn't. It would be like knowing about a surprise party: It ruins the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Loner

Loner

PostSubject: Re: Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?   Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 3:44 pm

I would. After knowing the date of your death, you could live life without fear. Without the natural inhibitors put on our minds by nature due to the unknown factor of death, we could accomplish much more. Also, you know exactly how long you have to prepare yourself. Death becomes not something to be feared but something to be looked forward too.
Back to top Go down
Fenrisulfr.
Admin
Fenrisulfr.

PostSubject: Re: Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?   Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 6:26 pm

But that creates the question upon how death will take it's tole. Knowing your own date of death, you would probably go out of your way to correct it and make yourself live longer, in short probably kill yourself. Don't deny it, it's human nature to survive.
Back to top Go down
doom_muffin

doom_muffin

PostSubject: Re: Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?   Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Personally, I believe to know the date of your death would be like, as already stated, knowing the time of your surprise party. Sure, you'd live life to its fullest. But, the uncertainty of life and death is just another thrill in our lives. Knowing that, you are not indestructible, and your next stunt might be your last, is what, for some, what makes life worth living.
Back to top Go down
Loner

Loner

PostSubject: Re: Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?   Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 10:49 pm

Ah, but you could experience all of those other thrills that you don't touch, because you know they're too dangerous. It may ruin the surprise at the end, but the number of other pathways it would open up to you completely outweighs that little offset, in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Ice Cold
Admin
Ice Cold

PostSubject: Re: Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?   Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 7:39 am

The idea that you could "Survive anything" isn't exactly a good thing... You may be able to survive, but it doesn't mean you can get out of anything unscathed. Something that can kill you might not, but you still wont know the outcome.
Back to top Go down
doom_muffin

doom_muffin

PostSubject: Re: Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?   Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:05 am

If you could "Survive anything", do you think that might mean that, in your knowledge of your death, would it stop you from living a life where you blew off your own leg, arm, or paralyzed yourself for the rest of your life?

EDIT: I realized I kinda rephrased ice there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?   Would you want to know the time and date of your own death? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you want to know the time and date of your own death?
Page 1 of 1