Light and Shade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're here, aren't you?

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Voluntary Euthanasia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Loner

Loner

Voluntary Euthanasia Empty
PostSubject: Voluntary Euthanasia   Voluntary Euthanasia EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Also known as Assisted Suicide. Should a person who no longer wants to live be granted the right to die of their own free will? What kind of free country requires that we HAVE to stay alive as long as possible, even if we hate it? Or is it a step down a road that will eventually give the government the right to decide who lives and who dies?
Pick a side,
Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Kraes

Kraes

Voluntary Euthanasia Empty
PostSubject: Difficult Question to Answer   Voluntary Euthanasia EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Really, this comes down to "What constitutes Good vs. Evil"

Is it murder when the person wants to die?
Is abortion right? Wrong?

The question is a gray area -- on the one hand, if the person is going to do it, he will, regardless of the Law. Suicide is not "against the law" but allowing someone to die when you could have intervened IS currently illegal. Manslaughter is one of the more common crimes, I suppose, around the Free World.

I don't think this should be allowed -- it sets the stage for honest-to-god Murderers to say "Well, this was voluntary, and he just wanted me around to help." Or something to that extent.

And if the Government is involved... Oh my god. Don't support the President? Slip him the needle. Think Abortion is murder/alright? Slip her the needle.

No. I don't think "Assisted Suicide" should be legal. It is a freedom/privilege/whatever that would be abused -- not could, or might, or maybe, it WILL be abused.
Back to top Go down

Voluntary Euthanasia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light and Shade :: The Plaza :: The Café-
Jump to: